Labels

FRIENDSHIP



As long as we have memories , yesterday remains ; As long as we have hope ,tomorrow awaits. As long as we have friendship,each day is never a waste.

IndiBlogger - Where Indian Blogs Meet


About Me

My photo
chennai / Nagercoil, TN, India
jovial with boys ,avid traveler, wants to become a writer,

Apr 4, 2008

Barking Dog Seldom Bite


Barking Dog Seldom Bite

A short story

“Nothing gonna change my life for you; you ought to know how much I love you”, Ganesh sings the song mildly .He thought he has to improve it further. He takes a look at the clock. It shows 9.30

He already had complete rehearsals for the night. In fact he prepared all the items last week itself. Some jokes, as point to prove his sense of humor and spontaneity, one song to show her his musical talent, some political news and economics affairs of the country are the items .Overall he just wants to show her that he is an intellectual and she is lucky.

The door opened. Neela is coming inside the room. “Hi sit down”, ganesh whispered.

“So, happy now?” he posted a question. “Yes”, Neela replied.

“Actually, two weeks back I planned a trip to California. But suddenly Amma fixed this marriage .When I saw your photo, I was impressed.” Ganesh stopped.

“You are beautiful. I don’t want to miss you .I postponed the California trip. You know who is the Governor of California?” ganesh asked.

“Sorry, I don’t know”.. Neela said..

Arnold Schwarzenegger. Hollywood actor. Great man.. I used to watch good english movies. Do you?,”, ganesh continued . Neela don’t know how to react now.

The time is now 10.15.

“Neela, I am a bookworm. I love reading .Jeffrey archer was my favorite. But when he was sentenced, I stopped buying his book.” , ..

“You know Neela, while I was in LA, I studied Western Music. Nothing gonna change my love, my all-time choice. It is truly romantic.. Just like what we are now”, Ganesh made a big laugh.

“Neela, I am a very liberal guy. I respect each others freedom.”, Ganesh continued.

“Then… I love all south Indian dishes. They are unbeatable. .. ”His self introduction continues.

Neela is now in a sleepy mood. The time is now nearing 12.00.

Neela knows ganesh is speaking something .But she is almost in a sleep.

Suddenly, ganesh touched Neela and asked “Hey are you sleeping”.

“O.k. will discuss tomorrow night”, Ganesh switched off the lights.

The next day Neela’s friend Geetha called her over phone “Hey Neela, What about the first Night... Enjoyed?

“First Night, mmmm. ` What can I say? Yes...Barking dog seldom bite”, Neela replied.

1 comment:

  1. Good way of explaining, and pleasant piece of writing to take information regarding my presentation focus,
    which i am going to convey in academy.

    My homepage http://www.propertywide.co.uk/rent/search/clitheroe-lancashire/commercial/

    ReplyDelete